Monday, May 21, 2012

spring has spung

I live just outside of Atlanta, but like most people here, I didn't grow up here. I'm from the northeast.  A place with real seasons. When it's winter you know it's winter. very cold very dreary, no sun. When it's fall you know it's fall, the changing of the leaves are amazing.  Summer, you can actually leave the house without a coat, or thinking about if you need a coat, and spring, well spring is like a burlesque dancer, teasing you with a little sunshine, before it takes and back and sends snow again.

Georgia, not so much.  here we have mist, pollen, hot, supper hot and fall.   but there is this window of time (hot on the previous list) where the weather is wonderful, the pollen has gone so you can breathe, and the mosquitos  aren't so bad that you can leave the house without coating yourself in bug spray, or calamine lotion when you get home.  that month is may.  I would love may in Georgia if the kids weren't so drat busy.  when it comes time to wrap up the end of the kidss school year and every group organization tries to have a gathering.  (think Christmas parties, but with bbq instead of egg nog.)

so May in georgia is chaos, not to mention my daughter's birthday in the mix, and college reunion activities (which i missed again). 

well usually i celebrate the end of the chaos with a few weeks out of town to visit my parents.  in past years i've taken a few weeks, packed up the kids and gone out of town.  while i still have the responsibility  of making sure my kids eat everyday, it's a vacation of sorts because I have my parents to spoil me.
well since i started working 6 months ago, I don't have 3 weeks to pack up and leave town.  but my parents have graciously offered to take the kids for a similar period of time.

so here is my plan.  I fully intend to use these weeks to spend some serious time with my rope, and to spend some time cultivating the secondary relationship i've been invoved with for the last few months. I can't say that i will be posting anymore frequently than i have been for the last month or so, but know that i will be living life to the fullest. 
here's to good times, no pollen  and lots of sex

No comments:

Post a Comment